We pulled into town around lunchtime, stopped at a little sandwich place to eat, and walked around the French Quarter. I'm not sure if it was the sporadic rain showers or the sauna like feel that was left after the rain, but I was not too impressed with the Quarter. We left there and went to Magazine Street to browse some shops. I loved Magazine!!! Honestly my favorite part was looking at all the old houses and the architectural details and the landscaping. The houses were reminiscent of my parents neighborhood. Wish I would have gotten some pictures of them.

We went back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. And after several outfit changes, (by Brandi, who brought 6 different outfits, but forgot pajamas :)), and a lost wedding ring (which we did find after we unnecassarily pulled up the carpet and accused a maid of coming into our room in the 3 minutes we were downstairs) we headed out to Superior Grill. Unfortunately there was a 1.5 hour wait and it was 8:30 by this point and we were STARVING!! So we ended up going to Juans Flying Burrito. The food was great & the staff was very entertaining, with their ability to not smile at anything. :)

We ended up seeing a Saints player downtown (the white starter who is not Brees or Shockey), and heard tons of great new pick up lines. We decided that boys are getting lazy... "Got in out of the rain, huh?" or "so, you got a strawberry daquiri??". Seriously???
Back at the hotel room, the fun didn't stop. And it made me realize how funny my friends are.
A few years ago, I was praying for some really great girlfriends after these two went to BR.
In alphabetical order....
Brandi- I remember talking to your mom and she said, you and Brandi should talk, you seem to be in a similar place. We bonded a few years ago and have been friends ever since! I'm beyond excited to have you as neighbor now and have really loved seeing you grow and change over the years.
Mattie- It makes my heart smile a little when people ask "Yall are friends?? Isn't that weird??" Because I know that for 99% of people it would be. I cannt imagine if we had let anything stop us from being friends, because I looooooove hanging out with you! I feel like you get me even when others don't.
Tiffany- I said it in your toast at your rehearsal dinner that I prayed for a close friend and I had no idea that it would be the same girl I'd been friends with since 3rd grade. I love you sooo much and I don't care how far you are, it really doesn't change a thing and you will never be replaced. I cherish anytime that you are in town.
Love you girls and I'm soo glad for all the laughs. I really do look back on those times and smile and know that God has answered a few prayers by sending you girls to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment