Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grandparents

Been thinking and reading alot about the gift that it is to be with people and I have realized how important it is to spend time with our grandparents.  I feel very blessed with mine, so I thought I would introduce them to you.


 "Gran"
Known as Eleanor Metrejean to the rest of the world... Was born in the 30's and grew up in New WorLeeAns in a shotgun with her 2 aunts and 10 brothers & sisters.  She didn't like my Gramps when she first got set up with him, she liked his friend. But she eventually fell for him :)  While they were dating Gramps went to pick up Gran from the train station and Gran asked where his car was.  He had sold his precious car "Lulabelle" to buy her a watch.  Hearing stories about Gramps are my favorite.

We've gotten to hang out more recently, whether its visiting at each others houses or going out to do something.  We always have fun and I'd love to make it a regular thing. She told her friends at church last Saturday that she had a date :)  They freaked out.  My Gran's heart has and will always be for my Gramps.  We went to Judice Inn for a burger and then to the movies to see the Kings Speech.  At dinner we talked.  I love hearing from her about nostalgic things and just what life was like and then I tell her about my life.  She's so interested in whats going on with me. I know she cares about me and is sensitive to my feelings, even though I may not always be :)  She loved that the movie was from that era and it was cool cause she remembered when that stuff happend.  I love her to death, and am so thankful that I have her in my life <3



"Pawp"
Also known as Edward C. Lamb is my mom's dad.  I have the great pleasure of getting to work with this guy. He's kinda my boss. Pawp gets up everyday at age 74 and comes to work and thinks better than I do.  He also uses a computer and has a cell phone, but he doesn't turn that on unless he has to make a call.  He can't spell to save his life. He's constantly yelling through the office "how do you spell ____?", I tell him and he yells back "Yep, that got rid of the squiggly line."  And I'm pretty sure he is one of the funniest people I know. 

I recognize what a blessing it is to get you see him almost everyday for the passed 2 1/2 years.  I've learned so much about who he was.  He played football in highschool and was married to my mom's mother when he was 17!  During college, he had 2 kids and still managed to graduate in engineering.  He owned several oilfield companies and was credited as helping to design the Lamb tong, which is still used today.  He did lots of traveling all around the world and had lots of crazy experiences. Some of which I wish I never knew!

But it's cool to have spiritual conversations with him now and see how far he has come.  I love the devotionals he forwards to me and the lunches that we get to spend together.  I have learned what "Not so fast Jones," means.  My mom used to always say it and I never knew why.  Here's the joke:  A guy, Jones, is in the army and they are trying to figure out a way to tell him that both of his parents died. They line all the guys up and say "if both of your parents are living, please step forward."..... Then comes the line.    :)  It's funny if you hear it right.


***Big thanks to Jason Cohen who actually took both of these pictures!  Grans was from Val & Ty's wedding and the one of Pawp was for a photo shoot for a grandparents project he is working on.

2 comments:

  1. oh so sweet. the older i get, the more i love older people. precious photos! tell me more stories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuuuuuuuupppppppppddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttteeeeeeeee. please. :)

    ReplyDelete